Happy new year
- New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.
- The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul
- Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
- Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
- The new year begins in a snow-storm of white vows.
- We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
- From New Year’s on the outlook brightens; good humor lost in a mood of failure returns. I resolve to stop complaining.
- New Year’s is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.
- New Year’s Day – Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual